Joshua was seriously injured in Iraq on October 15th, 2006. This is his continuous update blog.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

January 9th, 2007

Hi everyone. It's Julie. I got the chance to talk to Josh for a while on Saturday, so I thought I'd give you an update on things he has been doing over the last few weeks.

His physical therapy is going well. As you know, he has his left prosthetic and stands on it every day. He is still strengthening his core so that he will be able to begin the process of walking when he gets his right leg. His core is SO strong that he can now do a pushup where his entire body lifts off the mat where he does PT. Yes, this did draw a crowd, I guess :) I believe there is a picture that was taken & if we can get it, we'll post it to show you just how strong Josh is!!

He's been able to start pool therapy. It strengthens his upper body & he is able to use his hips without bearing weight, which is good prep for the next steps. He said he's been in a kayak in the pool, which sounded very cool. Great upper body workout & he will continue with that.

Overall, Josh sounded great, is making progress & looks forward to taking those first steps again. We'll keep you posted as things happen and try to get some pictures out there so you can see his progress.

Love to you all.

Julie