Joshua was seriously injured in Iraq on October 15th, 2006. This is his continuous update blog.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's not Kansas but we still have rainbows.

I heard a quote the other day, it stated "If you like the rainbows then you must endure the rain". I have been coming off my medicines this past week which is a great step but I have been feeling bad lately due to my body's reaction to this. Today was the first day that I had to skip PT and OT becuase I just didn't feel up to it. I guess this is my day to endure the rain. So after I let PT and OT know that I would not be up for the challenge today, I headed to our local PX(little grocery) to grab what my mother taught me was the ultimate cure for anything...saltine crackers and 7-UP. While I was in the store an older gentleman stopped me and asked what unit I was with in the military. After a few minutes of talking I learned that he too was in the marines. We had a nice chat and enjoyed laughs about our mutual feelings hiking up and down the hills of California. Then I grabbed my crackers and 7-UP and a few other necessities and headed for the check out. After the woman at the cash register rang up my items she smiled and said "No charge today." My new found friend how quickly snuck out and had taken care of the charges. This man had become my much needed "rainbow" today. :-)
I recieved a late phone call last night, it was from my friend Caryn Hines. She is the wife of Joshua Hines, my friend who was tragically killed in Iraq in our vehicle on that forever remembered October day. I miss my friend. He too was a "rainbow" in my life and the memories of him always will be. Please keep Caryn and their son Rylie in your prayers.
I just want to thank everyone again for your amazing support and outpouring of love.
Your love and prayers have kept me going and helped tremedously in my healing process. God has blessed me with such good friends and family, thank you all.
I pray that you all may find your "Rainbow" today!