10/24/06 Really Early in the morning
Sorry, the clock is wrong on this PC & I'm sitting in a dark waiting room where people are asleep, so I have no clue what time it really is.
Josh had a rough evening last night. They have his hip in traction trying to move bones around before the surgery today, so the pain was close to the worst it's been so far. All the teams worked together & got it taken care of so he was more comfortable. I always know when the meds kick in a little more, because he'll joke a little bit. I told him to hit his pain button (PCA) and he took one of his casts and hit ME. Nice, huh!
He felt like he may be able to sleep, so he tried. But of course, as we've learned, the minute he is able to rest, someone wants to take him to CT or X-Ray or something. So at 2am, they took him to CT for a scan of his jaw bones for those fractures to be looked at again. That always sucks because they have to move him from one bed to the scan bed & back, which is just NOT NICE!! He got back around 3:30 and is trying to get sleep between the vitals checks & work stuff.
Unfortunately, things are waking up around here & all his teams of doctors will start rounds soon. He will, however, get to rest today during surgery. They say it will take a minimum of 4 hours and maybe 6 or more. It will probably be a long day of wait and see & then an even longer night of new aches & pains from surgery. Wish us luck :)
I do plan to go to the Marine liaison office today and get an official address to send things here. I just haven't gotten that done yet.
Well, I'm heading back to check him. Hugs to you all. Keep him in your thoughts today...
Julie

<< Home