10/25/06 11:20pm update
It's Julie. Nothing really major to report. Just taking a break from Josh's room where he is watching a little TV with his eyes shut (we like to call it sleeping, but he claims he's not). He is back to the Josh that we've had most of this week. Very tired, but definitely much better than last night. Josh stops water after midnight, so I'm sticking around to give him some more right before the cut off. Mom had worked with a great guy in ICU today to find a much easier way to get him water without him using two casted hands to try and put a styrofoam cup up to his mouth. He ended up wearing most of it. She was able to come up with a great syringe/tubing contraption that he can squirt directly into his mouth which is MUCH easier.
We will talk to the Marine liaison office tomorrow & some parents of other Marines who have been around longer to see what things they recommend are needed the most in care packages for Josh and then we'll post it to the blog. As well, I believe a fund is being set up for donations for Josh so costs will be off-setted later on with his long road to recovery. We'll pass that along as well.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Tomorrow will be another long day, but we'll push through it like each one before this. Oh, and beside the hair color that I'm going to need after all this is over, I let josh know that he'll get a bill for my face lift :) This wears on ya! But we are all doing GREAT and love to receive your emails. We're going to get Jen back here & switch me out so I can get back to my kids sometime in the next week. Everyone needs to rejuvenate through this. I personally, will sleep and sleep some more!
Love you all. Julie

<< Home